Hagerty Library and Hahnemann Library have laptop computers, which can connect to the wireless University network (DragonFly). Laptops may be used only within the Library.
Below is a list of the software applications installed on Library laptop PCs:
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe AIR
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Shockwave
- Apple Software
- Application Verifier
- Google Chrome
- Google Earth
- Internet Explorer
- K-Lite Codec Pack
- Lego Mindstorms
- LibX Toolbar
- Media Player Classic
- Mozilla Firefox
- NetBeans IDE
- Microsoft Office Professional Suite
- QuickTime Player
- SAS Viewer
- SQL Server 2008
- SPSS Statistics
- SPSS Legacy Viewer
- SSH Secure Shell
- USMLE Prep Tests
- Visual Studio
- VLC Player
- Win. Media Player
Drexel University students, faculty, residents and staff with Drexel ID and in good standing; excessive fines or outstanding overdues will block borrowing of laptops.
At Hagerty Library, laptops are checked out from the Circulation Desk (1st floor). At Hahnemann Laptops are checked out from the Circulation Desk (2nd floor). Borrowers will be required to sign a borrowing card, but do not have to leave their Drexel ID card.
- Laptops may be checked out for up to 3 hours, for in-house use; latest possible time due each day will be one hour before closing of service desk.
- One laptop per person.
- Laptops should never be left unattended.
- A borrower is responsible for the laptop checked out on his/her library account.
- Report any loss or damage IMMEDIATELY.
- Leaving the Library with a laptop will result in an automatic fine of $65.00.
- Keep food and drink away from laptops. There is an automatic $65 fine for having food or drinks near a library laptop.
- Bring laptops to the Circulation Desk (Hagerty) or Computer Center Desk (Hahnemann) for renewal.
- Laptop cannot be renewed if others are waiting.
Overdue fines are automatically charged to your record:
- $5.00 for each half hour overdue
- $65.00 maximum fine
- Return laptop computers on time and intact to the Circulation Desk.
- Patrons are responsible for full replacement cost if the laptop computer or any peripherals charged out to them are lost, or the full repair cost charged by the Library's selected repair service if the computer or any peripherals are damaged. The maximum liability for repair or replacement is $2,000 for equivalent, new replacement equipment at current market price.
- Damage or loss charges will be applied to the student's University bill.
The Libraries is excited to announce a new service – Laptop Access 24/7. This new service will provide laptop computers to students any time of day or night through a lending kiosk located in the Bookmark Café.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long can I borrow a kiosk Macbook?
- Is there a late fee and how much is it?
Yes, $5.00 per hour late.
- What happens if I lose or damage the Macbook rental equipment?
You are responsible for loss or damage.
- Do I have to sign a Laptop Agreement form?
Yes, at the kiosk when checking out a laptop.
- What do I do if the Macbook is not functioning properly?
Return the Macbook to the kiosk and check out another laptop if available.
- Do you restrict where I can take the MacBook computer?
The kiosk Macbooks are Library Use Only and are to not be taken out of the library building. The library building includes the Bookmark Café and Law Library.
Take note: During overnight hours (2am-7:30am Mon – Fri and 10pm-10am Sat-Sun) kiosk Macbooks must stay in the Bookmark cafe.
- How do I connect to the wireless network?
You will log into the laptop using your Drexel username / password. Once logged in, the laptop will automatically connect to the DragonFly3 network.
- When I return the laptop, what happens to any data I have left on it?
Kiosk MacBooks are wiped clean to protect your privacy.
- Can I store data on the drive temporarily?
Yes, however we recommend that you take advantage of the USB port and store data or files. If the device reboots anytime during the allotted borrowing time all data if scrubbed and the C drive is reimaged.
- What if I get a virus?
A simple restart/reboot reimages the computer.
NOTE: Save your work to a removable drive first. All equipment is provided is guaranteed to be 100% virus free when delivered to you.
- Questions about Costs & Payment?
Overdue fines can be paid at the Circulation desk with cash or credit card. You can view any fines on your account by visiting the Drexel Libraries website and clicking on “My Library Record” located on the right of the screen.
- Are there any hidden fees?
Content Editor: Josh Smith
Last Updated: 01/03/2013