- Off-Campus Access
- Patient Care Answers
- MEDLINE/PubMed Links & Review
- Managing Literature Files & Reference Lists
- Exam Review
- Books with Advice for the Wards
- Need Item Not Available at Drexel?
- Health Sciences Libraries Home Page
- Need Help?
You must be recognized as a Drexel student to access e-journals, e-books, etc. paid for by Drexel.
- To enable recognition, connect using a Library web page link. Type your Drexel email username and password when prompted.
- Avoid DrexelOne login if you want to avoid time-outs.
- Computers on hospital floors are not connected to the Drexel network. Consider them off-campus, even in Philadelphia.
- Diagnosaurus – Differential diagnosis. Use online or download to mobile device.
- DynaMed – Evidence-based summaries for clinical questions; about 3,000 topics. Mobile option by request (get serial number, following instructions here).
- Epocrates (Online) – Drug and disease info designed for point-of-care lookup, with pill ID, calculators, etc.
- Epocrates Essentials – Drug and disease info for mobile devices. Register at Clerkship Companion page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cochrane Library Quick Link on Health Sciences Libraries home page.
- Core Health Sciences E-books – More E-books than MDConsult: Cardiology, Pediatrics, etc. Also remember specialized medical books at Hahnemann Library.
- MDConsult – Clinical books & journals, drug information, guidelines, patient education.
- MDConsult Mobile – Before using this link, set up a personal MDConsult account at a Drexel network computer. Then use this link to log in from your mobile device.
- MEDLINEPlus – Patient information (screened for quality) in English, Spanish and other languages. Includes videos, tutorials.
- National Guideline Clearinghouse - Evidence-based clinical practice guidelines
- Natural Standard – Complementary and alternative medicine, with evidence grades for efficacy.
- Other Mobile Links – Mobile Devices: Health Care Resources ; Mobile Resources from National Library of Medicine
- UpToDate -- Sorry; unavailable due to very high cost. Use DynaMed, Epocrates, Core Health Sciences E-Books, etc.
- Search MEDLINE (OVID).
- Search MEDLINE (PubMed)
- Search PubMed Mobile (beta)
- Advanced Ovid MEDLINE Tutorial
- Advanced PubMed Tutorial
- Advanced MEDLINE/PubMed Videos
- Advanced MEDLINE/PubMed Review Sheets
To Find VALID CLINICAL EVIDENCE:
- Filter/Limit: Article(Publ) Type = Randomized controlled trial, Meta Analysis, etc.
- Ovid limit: Subject Subset = Systematic Reviews -OR- PubMed Article Type = Systematic Reviews (PubMed)
- Clinical Queries limit (Ovid) or Clinical Queries option (PubMed Welcome page)
Other useful limits: Review articles Core Clinical Journals
- RefWorks-Create a personal literature database, and use it to format reference lists.
- EndNote-Download software at Drexel IRT Download Site
- Exam Master Online
- USMLEasy Lite -- Find link on AccessMedicine page. Set up personal account
- PreTest Ebooks Online
- Exam review books in library
- First Aid for the Wards: Insider Advice for the Clnical Years
- How to be a Truly Excellent Junior Medical Student
- 250 Biggest Mistakes 3rd Year Medical Students Make and How to Avoid Them
- Others -- In Online Catalog ; search keyword: clerkship
- Borrow From Other Libraries EZ-Borrow--books from Pennsylvania academic libraries. ILLiad-- books/articles from any library. E-delivery of articles is fast (1-2 days in most cases).
Health Sciences Libraries Home Page bookmark it!
- Hahnemann Library--(215) 762-7184.
- Queen Lane Library--(215) 991-8740.
Content Editor: Kathleen Turner
Last Updated: 09/04/2012