Holly Tomren is Head, Metadata Services at Drexel University Libraries. She manages a program that promotes discovery and sharing of resources by creating, enhancing, and optimizing metadata for use and re-use in a variety of tools, techniques, and services, in support of the research & scholarly needs of the Drexel University community. She was previously Head of Monograph, Electronic Resources & Metadata Cataloging at the University of California, Irvine Libraries, where her responsibilities included facilitating access to UCI's electronic and digital resources. Her research interests include metadata literacy, mobile electronic resources in libraries, electronic resources management, and emerging technologies in technical services, and she has presented at conferences including Internet Librarian, Electronic Resources & Libraries, and LITA National Forum. Holly received her MLIS from San Jose State University and was a 2009 American Library Association Emerging Leader.
Head, Metadata Services
Room 122, Hagerty Library
- M.L.I.S., Library and Information Science, San Jose State University
- B.A., Interdisciplinary Studies in Music and Comparative Literature, minor in American Indian Studies, California State University Long Beach
- Visual Literacy Across Campus: A Grassroots Approach. (June 26, 2011). Panel presentation with Virginia Allison at ACRL Image Resources Interest Group, American Library Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Partners in Efficiency, Opportunities for Success. (March 23, 3011). Closing keynote presentation for OCLC Good Practices for Great Outcomes: Cataloging Efficiencies that Make a Difference, San Marino, CA.
- Patron-Driven Ebook Acquisition. (October 26, 2010). Presentation given with John Novak, Keith Powell, and Lisa Sibert at Internet Librarian, Monterey, CA.
- Think Mobile: Ebook Collections. (October 26, 2010). Presentation given with Lisa Carlucci Thomas at Internet Librarian, Monterey, CA.
- The Why Report: Tech Themes for Tech Services. (October 2, 2010). Presentation given with Lisa Carlucci Thomas at LITA National Forum, Atlanta, GA.
- Thomas, L.C. & Tomren, H. (2010). Ebooks: Think mobile. Computers in Libraries 30(10), 36.
- 2010 UCI Libraries KUDOS Award
- 2009 American Library Association/LITA Emerging Leader
Content Editor: Katherine Lynch